Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today Is: they have. they give. Day


Debbie Menzel and Katie Bond

“The best way to build friendships is to stop looking out for yourself and give to others.” -- Karl Staib Work Happy the Google Way

“The power of one is the power to do something.” – unknown

Recently I had the pleasure of meeting a very determined and thoughtful man, Mike Menzel. I met Mike when he came to an i have. i give. meeting after hearing about the Project at work from i have. i give. team member Katie. Mike had approached Katie about ways that he could help i have. i give. raise money for our organization. I couldn’t believe it! Mike and his wife Debbie did just that! They threw a party at their house tonight to motivate Mike as he prepares for his Iron Man competition (which includes a 3 mile swim, a 127 mile bike ride and a full marathon) and to raise both money and awareness for the i have. i give. Project! It was so incredibly thoughtful to see these two people think about the Project when they were thinking of organizations to donate to; I am unable to put into words the emotions that I have right now and the gratefulness that I have for them both and for their efforts in helping i have. i give. continue helping others in the future. What a great example of promoting selfless giving through inspirational action!

"I want to do something that matters.
Something that says, I was here..." -- Lady Antebellum "I Was Here"

No comments: