Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today Is: Now My Eyes See Beauty Day








"A blind man was begging on a New York street, with a board written, 'I'm blind, help me.' A guy passing that side saw him. He took the board and wrote something... On that day the blind man got heavy collection... Many people started to give money. Can you guess what he wrote? He wrote, 'Today is a beautiful day, but I can't see it.' The way of expressing can change many things. So express your ideas differently."
-- unknown

"The barns burned down now I can see the moon." -- unknown

I recently got some saddened news that an old friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. This unfortunatley has put me in a little emotional funk as I try to process and come to terms with it all. As I drove into work this morning I had just gotten onto 6th avenue when I saw the sunrise. Just moments before, the sun had risen and was now literally glowing a neon orange color. The way it sat above the Denver skyline was breathtaking. It's rays extended into the sky, looking as if they could shine all the way up to the tips of the heavens. I of course wanted to take a picture so I could capture this beauty as this was without a doubt the most beautiful sunrise that I have ever witnessed. (I also wanted to be able to share with you all, my blog followers) So as I drove I pulled out my camera and blindly tried to snap a few shots. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful; my small camera was not able to do this beautiful sunrise justice so I flipped it off and slipped it back inside my purse hoping that my mind could soak in the image of this beauty forever. As I continued driving it hit me; just when life seems so ugly and messy God goes and paints a picture of his love like this. There it was hanging thousands of feet above the sky upon the greatest canvas. A love letter, literally glowing, painted by our Father, declaring his love for all of us, for all the world to see. It was a moment in time that I hope I am able to remember forever because I knew right then that God was not only declaring his unabiding love but also showing me that when we look at the world through his eyes, all of life is beautiful.

P.S. Since I was unable to capture the sunrise I chose to post pictures today that I took while visiting this mosaic museum in downtown Philly with my sister back in 2009. The items that make up this beautiful artwork you see is a collection of discarded trash turned into something beautiful. What's one person's trash is another person's treasure.

"It's not what you look at that matters it's what you see." -- Henry David Thoreau

2 comments:

EMont723 said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Ang, and very spot on. Its so hard to realize when you are amidst so much pain and heartache that there is a reason for this, and God does have a plan. But you will realize one day why you were faced with this experience. Here is something that has given me peace and helps in the healing process so I hope this helps for you as well:

"Broken" by Lindsey Haun
Wake up to a sunny day, not a cloud up in the sky
And then it starts to rain
My defenses hit the ground and they shatter all around
So open and exposed

I found strength in the struggle
Face to face with my trouble

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're tryin', but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself when you're broken

Little girl don't be so blue, I know what you're goin' through
Don't let it beat you up
Heaven knows that getting scars only makes you who you are
Only makes you who you are

No matter how much your heart is aching
There is beauty in the breaking, yeah

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're tryin' but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself when you're broken

Better days are gonna find you once again
Every piece will find its place
When you're broken, when you're broken

When you're broken in a million little pieces
And you're tryin' but you can't hold on anymore
Every tear falls down for a reason
Don't you stop believing in yourself when you're broken
Oh, when you're broken

When you're broken, when you're broken

Unknown said...

I love that! Thanks so much for sharing and may you remember that "One day we shall see God's good even in this." -- Romans 8