Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today Is: Just Dance Day

Breakin it down in 7th grade to Lady in Red

These are just a few photos of my "Jagger" dance moves!
I like to move it move it!

Get inspired by this video and JUST DANCE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg

“When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It is to enjoy each step along the way.” – Wayne Dyer
“I hope that you seek to find joy every day of your life. May you laugh until you cry, and may you love with every ounce of your heart. Remember that you are the author of your own story and it’s up to you to fill your book with abundant happiness and overwhelming times of joy and laughter. Just when you don’t think anything will ever be funny again; may you be surprised.” –Andrea Bucci

Music speaks to me, as it speaks to everyone, but for me music has many different voices (no pun intended). Some songs evoke great emotions of sadness or sympathy, others fill me with joy and exuberant bliss and others just make me want to dance! I recently downloaded the newest hit song from Maroon 5, Moves Like Jagger! AWESOME! As I drove up to Greeley this morning, I plugged in my iPod, cranked up the volume and hit repeat! My natural instinct took over; my whole body shook as I grooved to the music. Although my moves are far from Jagger’s my body doesn’t seem to listen to my mind and just starts shakin and shimmien! What a great reminder that although our minds may seem to tell us to hold back on things in fear of looking foolish, or fear of failure we must listen to our hearts and let our natural instincts just take over and move to the music of our souls.
“It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool, for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.”
– Oriah The Invitation

“Your heart often knows things before your mind does.” – Polly Adler

“’Funny thing about joy’ she said, ‘is that you only really find it when you are too busy having fun to go looking for it.” – Leigh Standley

“Don’t die with the music still inside you.” – Wayne Dyer

No comments: