Sunday, October 16, 2011

Today Is: Enjoy The Moment Day


“Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told, ‘I’m with you kid, let’s go.’” – Maya Angelou

“Today is your day to paint life in bold colors, set today’s rhythm with your heart – drum, walk today’s march with courage, create today as your celebration of life.” – Johnathan Lockwood Huie

“Today I choose to create joy in my life. Whatever my external circumstances, I choose to see all of life through joyful eyes.” -- unknown

This morning I awoke contemplating a million thoughts in my mind, asking questions that I am still unclear of the answers and wondering what now? After much time spent lying in my bed as these thoughts rolled around with me, I got up and went downstairs for some much needed brain food. As I sat eating my breakfast I scanned the Sunday paper that lay before me. My Pops is a Sudoku fanatic and as part of his daily routine he attempts to complete the puzzle, so there it was, the paper lying open to the page of ASK AMY? Sudoku and Crossword puzzles and horoscopes. Now I’m not one to typically check my horoscope, but today it caught my eye and I thought, why not! Since I’m a Capricorn, I had four stars (which I hear is a good thing) and my horoscope read pretty positively but as usual I didn’t find myself overly intrigued or amped up about the day ahead from my zodiac sign reading; that was until I read this: “Enjoy the moment”

“Enjoy the moment” I re-read it to myself and I could feel the curves of my mouth turn up into a smile; I was enjoying the moment now but this message demanded more, this message meant so much more to me. Have you ever wondered to yourself if what you are doing in your current life is what you were destined to be doing? I think about it constantly, probably because I know that what I am doing currently is not what I was made to do, however what I am pursuing is much more what I was put on this earth to accomplish. As I read these words I thought about one of the prayers that I threw up to God last night, “Please give me a sign”. Who knew it would come in the form of a literal sign (zodiac sign) but none-the-less I am grateful. I feel that these three words were exactly what I needed to hear, this was my sign… Enjoy the moment!

When you think that you have done all that there is to do think again and know that there is a whole world out there waiting for you. But until the time is right and you’re packed and on your way, you must learn to enjoy the moment and celebrate today!

ENJOY THE MOMENT!!!

“Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.” – Margaret Peters

“Lift your cup of hot tea to the sky and declare, ‘Let the wonders begin.’” – Jill Badonsky “The Awe-Manac – A Daily Dose of Wonder”

2 comments:

jdawk said...

Just got caught up on your posts--love them all! Your unwavering faith is a stronghold for us all, something to strive for! Love reading what goes on in your brain. And I love YOU!

Unknown said...

Your kind words do not fall upon deaf ears. Thanks for your continued insipriation and undying support. I love you so much!