Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today Is: God's Tiniest Miracles Day

“Just when you think you know love, something little comes along to remind you just how BIG it really is.” – unknown

“Today is a good day to welcome the unexpected, celebrate the way its plans unfold.” – M.H. Clark “I Am Her”


The very proud and excited grandparents, celebrating the great news!












It’s the times in life that I seem to have things all figured out and then suddenly everything that I had planned no longer is. Often times this brings great frustration or disappointment as it seems that in such moments I seem to find myself totally off course because of failures, set-backs and disappointments. This time, however, is different, this moment that my train has once again derailed is because of something wonderful, something that only God could have a hand in, this time it’s nothing short of a miracle! I’m going to be an aunt! There are few things that I want more than anything else in life and being an aunt is one of those special gifts. In preparation for my little niece or nephew’s (sex unknown) arrival I figured I wanted to share a few words of that I think he or she should know. (Of course they will probably not understand until many years later but I plan to write anyway.)

Hello my precious little niece or maybe nephew,
I wish that I could express to you right away how much I already love you; I don’t even have to know you to love you because anything that your mom and dad created is going to be something that I love and you my special one are nothing short of a miracle. In case your mom and dad forget to tell you, I have been waiting for your arrival for many years now (5 to be exact); when I got the news that you would be coming in the next 9 months I could feel my heart flutter with excitement and my mind was overwhelmed with sheer happiness. Without you, my little bundle of joy, my life would not be the same and I am forever grateful for that. I cannot wait to share in life together, to see you open your eyes for the first time and look into mine, the very thought of it just moves me to tears. (Tears of joy that is) To hold you in my arms and feel your little body cradled against mine, to feel the pitter patter of your heart, and to listen to the soft sounds of your breath, I can only imagine what that moment will feel like but I can assure you it will be unforgettable. I hope you know that although I may not be around at first my absence is not due to lack of love. Before you came along, I had made plans to journey over to Africa in an effort to fulfill a life purpose of working with children in need. I hope one day you will understand my need to leave and forgive me for not being present for some of your life’s first big moments. I am unsure of my return at the moment but this I know for sure, I will love you just as much from one continent to another or one state to another. No matter where we are I will always love you and you will always be more than special to me; again you are a very exceptional gift delivered from God. I cannot wait to meet you and hold you in my arms. Until then… be good child! I love you so much already, thank you for making my life so much more wonderful.

I love you with all my heart,
Your Aunt Ang (or whatever you want to call me)

“My love waits for you.” -- unknown

“Children are a gift from God.” – Mother Teresa

No comments: