Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today Is: I Believe Day


“I believe that you can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough people to get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar

“Everything starts as somebody’s daydream.” – Larry Niven

Write something beginning with the words, “I believe.” Those were the instructions that I received from a dear friend as we continuously challenge one another with writing prompts; aspiring to one day be writers! So here are a few things that…

“I believe..."

I believe in the beauty of my dreams and I believe that my dreams are to not only be sought after but surpassed. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and one day we will see God’s good in all of this. I believe that we were not meant to live this world alone which is why we are a part of this world together. I believe that we must look out for one another as we would our brother or sister or we will forever be at war as enemies. I believe that everyone is beautiful; we just need to open our hearts and minds to the revel in the beauty of our differences. I believe that we are all something special. I believe that books and movies are better than television, beer is better than wine, carbs are better than carrots and that espresso is better than coffee. I believe that we all have something unique to offer this world and that we need to take the time to not only listen to our hearts for understanding but to follow the way our souls may lead us. I believe that laughter is the best medicine, no matter the time or the mood or the place, a good laugh is great for the body, the mind and the spirit. I believe that the only thing to hold on to tightly is faith, for it’s the only thing that will never slip through your fingers, as it’s wrapped around your soul. I believe in love, the pure honest, grow old together kind of love but I believe that it’s not easy to find. I believe that Bright and bold is more my personality than pastel and shy. I believe that romantic comedies are the best genre of movies. I believe that love is the only cure for hate. I believe that writing, the old fashioned way, with pen and paper is better than typing on a keyboard. I believe that technology has robbed me of some of some great times with great people. I believe that technology has allowed for things I never would have thought imaginable. I believe that everyone will always have an opinion and I believe that everyone should always have an opinion, but I also believe that just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean that I always want to hear it. I believe that education is the pathway to the future. I believe that everyone is equal no matter where they live, their culture, their race, their religion, their political viewpoint, their gender or their sexual preference. I believe that I have learned the best lessons from my toughest times. I believe that the more I listen the more I learn. I believe the more I get the more I give. I believe that music is a free form of speech. I believe in telling people how we feel and learning and loving what people have to say about us. I believe that I gain great joy from the sun, the beach, and a summer afternoon rainstorms. I believe that the best time of year is the fall, and the most magical moments occur when you least expect them. I believe in always carrying around a paper and a pen because you never know when precious words will be spoken. I believe that any moment of any day can spark my imagination. I believe in hope. I believe that I will be a published author and successful writer. I believe that we all have the capability to change the world; we just need to be willing to change ourselves first. I believe that Oprah is the most inspirational and selfless giving person that I have never met. I believe that my dad is a hero for his line of duty allows no cowards, but he is also my hero because he is not just a father, but a friend, a mentor and an inspiration. I believe that my mom is also a hero. She taught me the gift of giving just to give. She also taught me family is important and that I am and will always be her little girl. I believe that quotes are a powerful tool to inspire. I believe that writing is the purest form of truth. I believe in journals, and diaries and scrapbooks. I believe that Shannon Sharpe is the greatest tight end to ever play the game and the most entertaining. I also believe he looks nice in extra tight suits. I believe in life-long friends, and life changing strangers. I believe in life after death and I believe that death will bring a greater life. I believe that you create your own happiness and I believe that it’s more work to be angry than it is to be at ease. I believe that you bring your own sunshine so even on cloudy days the world is a little brighter. I believe that I was meant to do something great in this world, even if I have to give up everything in order to gain everything. I believe that I will be taken care of. I believe in forgiveness and admitting when you’re wrong. I believe that oatmeal cookies are the best of all the cookies and I believe that dark chocolate is better than all other kinds of chocolate. I believe that breakfast is the beast meal. I believe that bacon is better than sausage, French toast is better than pancakes and Belgian waffles are the best of them all. I believe that a little kindness goes a long way and if we would just pay attention to the needs of one another this world would be a happier place to live. I believe in us and we, not I and me. I believe in things I cannot see, touch nor explain. I believe in believing.

“Belief has carried many people farther than talent.” – Jill Badonsky The Awe-Manac A Daily Dose of Wonder

“Believe in miracles.” – unknown

2 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

such a good read. :')

Unknown said...

Thanks sgrmse. Hope you'll read again:)