Monday, September 5, 2011

Today Is Also: Love The One's Your With Day


"Life is an empty square unless one fills it up with matter." -- Robin Antar

"There are moments when you absolutely need someone to show up like magic, not because you need something nice, but because you need your world view transformed. You need some hope to be born in you. You need to know in one moment that someone believes in you. You need a kindness midwife to hold the space so you can show up like magic for someone else the next time around." -- Jen Lemen

When I was in high school I can destinctly remember my friends and I complaining about living in the neighborhood that we did and not because we were living in an area that was unsafe or because we didn't have what the rest of the kids in our school had; in reality we had what they had and a lot more. We had, and still have, many families that love us like their own children. Growing up, however, we thought that having many moms was the worst thing that could ever have happened to us. Now that I am older, and of course wiser:) I have to come to realize that having many moms is the best gift that God could have given me. These ladies act like I am one of their own. They look out for me, they inspire me, they encourage me, and they love me in ways that I cannot articulate. Each of them is very special in their own way but all of them have made me into a better woman by being a part of my life. They are home to me. These women have made my life that much better just by being in it and I hope that they all know that although they are not my mom, they are the next best thing!
"...one of the most beautiful things about a home is that it is a place where you can dream about your future, and that a good home protects your dreams; it is a place where you feel sheltered enough to risk yourself in the world." -- David Whyte

No comments: