Monday, April 2, 2012

Today Is: 6 Words and More Day

"Start on your dreams, your impulses, your longings, your special occasions today. Because this is your moment..." -- Mary Anne Radmacher Live Boldly

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" -- Coco Chanel

 If you read my post "6 Words or Less" you saw that my Hemingway inspired 6 word bio was created in less than six seconds. (That's record timing for my writing also the shortest thing you'll probably ever see me write) It reads:

"Defying status quo: DREAMING BIGGER!"

I make note that this only took me six seconds for two reasons, that's Usain Bolt speed in writing comparison for me, and I thought I was going to have to contemplate over those 6 words forever, but they came to me immediately, it was like they spoke my language. They bled from the soul dripping out into realism. At first I was amazed that I was able to create something so quickly, but the more and more I ponder over this peculiarity, I am beginning to believe it is because it is not only what I think, it is what I am. I am dreamer. I defy the norm because I'm terrified of becoming just like everyone else. I cringe on the thought of complacency and I tend to unravel when someone tries to tell me that I remind them of someone; a copycat I am not. I am an original. I am because we were. I cannot be defined by a status, or enclosed in a box, I must have room to expand, change and create. I am a dreamer. I am me! I am a child of God and God created this child for so much more than ordinary.

"Ever great dream begins 
WITH A DREAMER
Always remember you have within you
 The Strength,
 The patience,
 and The Passion
To reach for the stars
To change the world." -- Harriet Tubman

"... we're all here to contribute something unique... deep within each of us lies a special gift..." 
-- Tony Robbins Awaken the Giant Within

No comments: