Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today Is: Thanks Givin Day

“Thank God for you good friend of mine,
Seldom is friendship such as thine;
How very much I wish to be
As helpful as you’ve been to me.” -- Clark

“Every time I think of you – and I think of you often. I thank God for you…” – 1 Corinthians 1:4

On a day where giving thanks is traditionally what we do
I wanted all my friends and family to know, that this Thanksgiving I’m especially grateful for you!
You’ve showered me in your love and wrapped me up in your warm embrace
You’ve also shared with me in laughter you’re the reason for the wide grin that’s spread across my face
When I think about the love and the memories we’ve made in the time we’ve shared
I’m so grateful for the person that you’ve been in my life and for all the loving ways you’ve cared
We’ve shared in life with much love, a lot of laughter, and together in our hopes and fears
It matters not how long we’ve known each other for I am grateful for the days, weeks, months, and years
And may you know that no matter the distance that may separate us, our friendship will always remain
For a friend I believe becomes a friend forever because you’ve touched my heart therefore I’ll never be the same!
I thank God for all my friends the old and the new
Thank God for my family and for everything that God’s given me to do.
No blessing should go unnoticed and no gift unthankful for
With each year that passes I am blessed with a whole ‘nother year more.
The turkey is always wonderful and the sweet potatoes are good too
But the best part of Thanksgiving is that I get to be thankful for the wonderful people in my life like YOU!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

“I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.” – John Muir

“Friendship is something that raises us above humanity almost… it is the sort of love one can imagine between two angels.” – C.S. Lewis

No comments: