Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today Is: When You're Weak I'll Make You Strong Day

“It often takes an experience of crippling weakness for us to finally discover it. That is why so many of the most God-blessed people limp as they dance for joy.” – Timothy Keller “Counterfeit Gods”
“When she gave her heart finally to the Lord, she got her life back.” – Timothy Keller “Counterfeit Gods”

“If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.” – Oswald Chambers “My Utmost for His Highest”
Maybe that is why I have felt the tug so strong recently, as I am weak, in my weakest and shameless moments I feel the pull on my heartstrings and I hear the whispers louder than ever! “God chooses the weak things of the world to shame the strong, the foolish and despised things to shame the wise, even the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are.” – Corinthians 1:29-31 God brought me down to my knees, not to feel sorry for myself and look inside for courage, but instead to look up for guidance and comfort. To look to him to bring me through and to guide me on to the next journey, to use me to be all that he intended me to be. Almost four years ago now, God found me at my weakest moment, and with His great grace I collapsed to my knees and into His loving arms, four years ago I heard him whisper in my sorrow and I could feel the great tug on my heartstrings. I got a glimpse of what God had intended for my life and it was in my weakest and most painful moment that he gave me determined strength and unbelievable opportunities for my future. All he needed me to do was listen to his promise as he told me, “Come follow me!” Through our weak he makes us strong, and in our pain he brings purpose and meaning.
Remember when you are knocked down, God’s hand is already outstretched waiting for you to search out for him to pull you back up!
“We can’t know all the reasons our Father is allowing bad things to happen to us, but like Jesus, we can trust him in those difficult times… to follow the call of God when times seem at their darkest and most difficult.” – Timothy Keller “Counterfeit Gods”
“So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while.” – 1 Peter 1:6
“I agonize and cry when the cross is working within me, but when it is over I look back in admiration for what God had accomplished.” – Francois Fenelon

No comments: