Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today Is: Beautiful Surrender Day

“I am the Lord’s servant and I am willing to accept whatever he wants.” – Luke 1:38
“I don’t know exactly what the question is, God, but my answer is yes!” – Kay Warren “Dangerous Surrender”
This is my prayer to you Father:
I do not want to live a life of selfishness or non-service; I want to be fulfilled with your purpose and I want to make a difference in this world. I do not want to be comfortable and complacent, happy with stability, I want to always be striving for a challenge and working to grow in your love to be a better me. I want you to use me in the way that I was designed for. I want you to remind me when I begin to think that I have control of my life that you are at the controls and you will do what is best for me always, even when I do not think that it’s best at the time. I ask you to guide me to the place that it is that you want me to be and I beg you to challenge me to jump out of my comfort zone and fall into the zone. I ask you to use my gifts and talents in ways that can inspire others to do the same. I believe that you gave me certain things for certain reasons and I turn all of my gifts to you for you to give away. I surrender my life to you Lord and I lay my hands down at your feet, giving you all that I am, will be and ever hoped to be, knowing that you will make my life an example of God’s love. I am yours God, use me! Amen
 “Surrender always leads to peace.” – Kay Warren “Dangerous Surrender”
“It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God.” – Galatians 2:20

No comments: