Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today Is... Burnin' Passion Day

"...with a keen overwhelming, burning, passionate focus on what it is you long to say more than anything else in the world. That's the thing. That's the only thing." -- Patti Digh "Creative is a Verb" 

"The dream lives." -- Ellen DeGeneres "My Point and I Do Have One"

"Look at your life. Look at what you have to do tomorrow and check inside your body. What do you feel? If you feel 'yeechh!,' it means you've lost track of your direction. In the wild, it means your track has gone cold, and you need to go back to your last hot track; go back to the last time you felt passion or joy."—Martha Beck

Have you ever read something and felt the words jump off the page and nestle inside your heart, gripping at your insides, clinging to anything they can to help ensure that they are not only heard but felt. Words like the ones you read above had that impact on me. I read this and I not only felt this in my mind but could feel it deeply in my heart. On more occasions than I would like to admit, I have lost track of my direction and let it go so cold I felt as if I had frozen there. I couldn’t feel the fire of passion or excitement only the icy feeling of discontentment and the coldest feeling of all, lifeless.
If you have ever had these feelings or feel your track has gone cold it's time to create life. Jump wildly out of your comfort zone and chase your greatest dreams. No great thing is worth letting pass you by. Follow your heart's desires and allow your destination to become anything but comfortable. When you feel the burning passion inside your heart and the fire is so hot it warms those around you, you know you have found the track that you should not only follow but pursue! What are you waiting for?

"Get out of the house, find your path and follow your heart." -- Ellen DeGeneres "My Point... And I Do Have One"

"Get busy on going after your dreams." -- Francine Rivers "Her Daughter's Dream"

No comments: