Thursday, November 10, 2011

Today Is: Low On Fuel? Day

“Slow down and invest yourself in knowing God; let His word reveal himself to you.” – Luke 10:41-42
“’I just wish your life could be easier.’
                ‘And if it were easier, would I have given my heart so fully to God? Wherever you go, let Christ be your refuge. Put your hope in Him, and you won’t be disappointed by what life offers.’” – Francine Rivers “Her Mother’s Hope”
“Endure what life dishes out. Learn all you can. Count your blessings.  Never give up. Keep growing in the Lord.” – Francine Rivers “Her Daughter’s Dream”
Have you ever prayed so hard for something, thinking that God knew exactly what it is that you asked for? You believe you made it perfectly clear in prayer however God seems to misunderstand you and your prayer is not answered or at least not in the way you thought it would be. At times it takes a while to understand that this different form of answered prayer is good for you, and other times it is known instantly that what you were praying for God heard and knew exactly what you needed even if it meant giving you something or taking something away from you that you  did not know was necessary. Garth Brooks referred to some of these God given miracles as unanswered prayers, “Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers… and just because He doesn’t answer doesn’t mean He don’t care. Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” I am reminded that what may seem like an unanswered prayer or a misunderstanding of what I may have been asking for is God’s way of saying, “Trust in Me, my dear child, for I am in control.” With this reassurance I can walk with confidence knowing that God always has us and our best interest at heart, and He truly knows what it is that is best for our lives, even when we think we know what it is we need, want or desire. With this confidence I am assured that God is preparing me for something great and I needn’t worry or lose faith in the things that I prayed so hard for as they may come in even greater forms than I could ever imagine. This is how God works and this is why his love is unremarkable! When I look to the Lord to refuel my soul I am no longer empty and running off fumes, instead I am overflowing with his loving energy and my soul runs on his amazing grace! What do you do to refuel?
“… I had come to the end of everything that I knew, I understood that I couldn’t go any further on my own… I waited. I prayed. What I needed to do was whispered into my heart.” – Iyanla Vanzant “Peace from Broken Pieces”
“I am thankful for the unknowns and that I don’t have control, because it makes me run to God.” – Francis Chan “Crazy Love”

No comments: