Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today Is: Let Your Dreams Take Flight Day

“After all the prayers to God to make something happen in my life I realized that God was waiting on me.” – Oprah

“’Do you know what you want?’
‘To make something of my life. To be more…’
‘…What’s the use of dreaming?’
‘Perhaps God put the dream in your head.’
‘Why?’
‘To teach you patience…’
‘…What good is patience when nothing will ever change?’
‘Nonsense…’
‘…Look at what you’ve gained… Doesn’t that show you God is preparing you --?’ “ – Francine Rivers “Her Mother’s Hope”

I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately! What is it that God created me for? What is it that God specifically called me to do in this world? I’ve got an itch to understand the world and what part I play in it. I want to know what me being here is doing for the world? What am I doing to make this place a better place to live? What am I giving to the world; or am I just taking? If God created me for something specific why do I feel like I’m just doing what I have to do to live? If God made me to be something extraordinary why do I feel just ordinary? If God has such big plans for my life, why am I still living a life of insignificance? I feel that God put these thoughts, these talents, and gave me very specific gifts to use in this world yet I do not feel like I am doing anything but keeping them for myself. What can I do that will make me believe that I am not living a life of self-centeredness but instead be living a life of selflessness? What can I do that not only makes me believe it but makes others see it? What can I do that gives my life so much meaning that if I were to die tomorrow I would die knowing that my life was lived in the way that God intended it to be? That my life was used for God’s purposes and not just my own, that my life gave life to others and didn’t just take from others. What could I do that glorifies God and his creation in me?

‘Embark on the world! Go where I lead you; come follow me! I will use you for my purposes but you will have to let go of yours. You will have to give up the idea of who you think you are to be who I want you to be. Are you ready for that?’

YES! Hello world…

“…Little girl…
Got little hands and she waves at me
Yeah she smiles at me

Hello world, how you been?
Good to see you my old friend
…I see your light, a little hope, in a little girl
Well hello world.

Sometimes I forget what livings for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I’ll be there, oh I’m home again
…Hello world

All the empty disappears
I remember why I’m here
Just surrender into me
And I fall down on my knees
Well hello world” – Lady Antebellum “lyrics from Hello World

“Dreams are funny like that… You want something so desperately, you somehow get it, then just as suddenly it’s over… The secret I’ve learned is to appreciate the process.” – Nicholas Sparks “Three Weeks With My Brother”

“She felt she had found her place in the world. She had purpose. She had value… She was exactly where God wanted her.” – Francine Rivers “Her Mothers’ Hope”

“… we were created ‘to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do…’ My existence was not random, nor was it an accident. God knew who he was creating, and He designed me for a specific work.” – Francis Chan “Crazy Love”

No comments: