Monday, January 2, 2012

Today Is: New Year's Resolution Day


“Organization is about recognizing what ‘enough’ looks like and feels like; about holding things loosely while learning deep appreciation for the comfort, convenience, beauty and functionality that objects offer. When I clutch, grab, or hold something too closely or tightly, instead of creating a feeling of safety and security, what grows is a sense of anxiety and fear – that the object will break, be lost or assert its importance in some other way.” – unknown

“It’s not too late… the angel said.
Even though the world’s a mess…
Even though you’re not as young…
Even though you’ve made mistakes and have been afraid
It’s not too late…
And then I saw the world through the angels eyes…
I saw the colors I could paint
The bridges I could build
The lives I could touch
The dreams that I could still come true.
And it becomes very clear to me…
That is not too late.”
                                – Ron Atchinson

Well it’s a new year and with each New Year comes a fresh new start, a new look, a new hope for a better year than the last and typically new year’s resolutions. I myself usually do not set a new year’s resolution, but it’s a new year. This year I didn’t contemplate creating a resolution; I didn’t sit and stir over what my new year’s resolution would be or even give thought to having one or not… I knew that this year, 2012, I was having a New Year’s resolution and was going to dedicate the year of 2012 to organization. I know that sounds pretty broad, and in reality pretty boring, but organization means much more than just ensuring that I have a calendar and my closets and drawers neat and tidy. This year my resolution to be more organized is not just about the way that my items are organized but more importantly my life. This is going to be a year of big occasions and hopefully even bigger dreams and I need to be fully ready for all that lies ahead. As part of my resolution to become more organized I plan to utilize my time better, improve my financial situation, figure out the next steps of my future and take action, write down my goals and my dreams, dream bigger than I did in 2011, and figure out who it is I want to be and what it is I want to leave in this world to make it a better place. My hope, obviously is that my resolution will help me become more organized, more focused, more determined, more dedicated and overall a better me than I was in years past. I believe that is what New Year’s resolutions were set out to do, to make you a better rate version of yourself than you have ever been. To help you change something in your life to make you the best that you can be. So this year, 2012, may you take a moment and really think about what it is that will make you the greatest YOU, YOU can be? Maybe your resolution is to get healthier, lose weight, save money, fall in love, or maybe you decided like I have in the past that New Year’s resolutions are a waste of time; whatever the case, may you allow this year to help you grow into a better person and may you find the gift in challenge and change. I hope that the year of 2012 brings you great joy, unimaginable love, exuberant laughter, a clean slate of health and the love of God to fill your heart. Happy New Year!!!

“Do you need to say ‘no’ to the good in your life, so the great has room to enter in?” – unknown

“Real courage is risking something that might force you to rethink your thoughts and suffer change and stretch consciousness.” – Tom Robbins “Another Roadside Attraction”

No comments: