Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today Is: Good For My Soul Day

“I hold this as the highest task for a bond between two people: that each protects the solitude of the other.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
“I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.” – John Muir
There I was nestled into the comfy chair in the corner, sipping my Chai and catching up on my e-mails when I noticed out of the corner of my eye two young women, embracing in what seemed to be a long-overdue hug, as they released from one another’s arms, one of the ladies said to her friend; “You’re good for my soul!” At which her friend smiled, and said with a chipper tone, “You’re good for my soul.” My heart warmed with this simple statement as I thought about the people in my life who are “good for my soul”! I am so blessed to be surrounded by many people who I would consider “good for my soul” in some ways I might consider them the gardeners of my soul, planting seeds of encouragement, support, love, trust, and faith while watering me daily with their friendship! Without these ‘gardeners’ my soul probably would be covered with dirt, no sprouts to show of my growth or my blossom. They have allowed me to bloom into something even I never could have thought I could become and they continue to challenge me to make my garden more abundant. These wonderful friends of mine are not only good for my soil but are good for my soul! I love you all and I am so grateful that you continue to pour your love onto me and allow me to grow into the woman that I was created to beJ
“You will not believe how glad I am that I have met you.”  -- Leos Janacek
“When God gives a friend, he is intrusting us with the care of another’s heart. It is a chance to mother and to sister, to be a life giver, to help someone else become the woman she was created to be, to walk alongside her and call her deep heart forth.” – Stasi Eldridge “Captivating”
“Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.” -- Unknown

"Lord, thank you for friends who draw us closer to you." -- Gail Thorell Schilling

No comments: