Monday, May 7, 2012

Today Is: Twenty Five In Change: Day 1




"We can make a change if we put in the work." 
-- Tracy Morgan "I Am The New Black"

"If you know something must change, then you know it is you who must change it." 
-- Fierce Conversations

As I waited in line at airport security in Arizona, the anticipation was building; my previously cooked,  beans and rice-in-a-bag, that were frozen this morning (unknown to me) were packed in my suitcase waiting for me to experience the first day of this radical change in both my diet and my mindset. As I settled in at my gate, I unzipped my carry on and pulled out my first meal. Bite one… a little dry, bland, at least it’s all thawed out; it’s not so bad, I thought to myself! Bite 2, still dry, still no taste, and much worse than bite one. Bite 3, I’m beginning to wonder how I am going to do this for 25 days 3 times a day. Spoonful 4 goes in and I can no longer chew and swallow on my own. I take a large gulp of fresh water and swirl it around, hoping to move the contents from my mouth to my stomach… After those few bites my mind goes to the children; this is what they eat every day? I can barely stomach 4 spoonfuls of this and I am feeling full. I’m feeling both sympathetic and panged by guilt as I think about the abundance and exotic different foods that I have a choice to on a daily basis. My mind shifts from being hungry for food to starving for affection. 25 days eating beans and rice is going to be a lot harder than I anticipated not only because of what I am eating but because of what I am feeling. I must remember that  with these 25 days, and these 25 advocates we are helping bring awareness and providing meals to many who would otherwise go without. This team of 25 is hoping to raise enough money to provide 187,500 meals to starving children worldwide. Each time someone gives $25, 100 children receive a meal and an advocate gets to eat their rice and beans meal portion. We don't eat until you give nor do the children. So please help us help them by getting involved and becoming an advocate for change! Follow me on Twitter @BucciAcb1884 and check out the 25 in Change website at www.25inchange.org

Together we can make a difference

Choose any one of the advocates to donate to and you'll be part of the 25 in Change revolution!
http://25inchange.org/category/advocates/the-first-25/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Driving home from the airport I had a moment and I knew I must include it in today's post... That little voice inside my soul whispered, as it so often does, and helped me realize that this opportunity is going to bring me much closer to my God. As my stomach grumbled, I knew then that I will have to find my fulfillment and my strength in God... these next 25 days are not going to be easy, but like they say... Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy! I thank God for this opportunity and I pray that he makes my cup overflow with abundance for his love and his desire to bring joy to all.


"It's not about where we want to go, it's about where God wants to take us." -- Dary Northrup


"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So spread your love everywhere you go." -- Mother Teresa

No comments: