Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today Is: 25 in Change: Day 3

"You are the representation of God in your life." -- Iyanla Vanzant

"Life is a gift. Everyday you have another opportunity to make a difference." -- Carl David

Well we've made it through day three and I have to say that although I seemed to have more hunger pains yesterday, I realized how hungry I was today! I haven't eaten much over the past three days; we are supposed to be eating 8oz of rice and 4oz of beans for each meal, however the rice is so bland and dry and I have a hard time swallowing it and on a normal basis I have difficulties stomaching beans. So over the past three days I think I've eaten probably 12oz of food total. As I was talking to a dear friend this evening, she asked me how it was going, "Terrible" I replied. I went on to tell her that you cannot add any spices, sauces, or really any flavoring to this 12oz meal, so water has become my saving grace. She was astonished, she said she knew it was not going to be difficult but not having any flavoring... yuck! We talked about the struggles that I have faced in the past three days and then discussed what this must be like for children on a regular basis. Fatigue, headaches, weight loss, etc... No child should ever have to experience going hungry which is why I feel so blessed to be a part of this revolution to make ending world hunger a forefront issue. I have been amazed how much these 3 days have affected me, but what is even more amazing is the wonderful power of God and how he is working to get so many to sponsor us in this journey! Just received an e-mail that we have provided nearly 70,000 meals to children and are nearly 1/3 of the way to our goal. There is no other way to say that this is a God given miracle! I hope that people continue to get involved at www.25inchange.org and I hope that all of you that have sponsored an advocate know how much you and your generous heart mean to all the advocates and all the children across the world who would otherwise be starving. Let me not forget to thank all of those too who have been so supportive of me and the other advocates on this journey! I will be the first to admit, this is much more of a challenge than I was expecting and I know I could not go on if it were not for the other 24 advocates who are sharing in this fight with me, and all of those wonderful people who continue to support both financially and mentally! I love you all now let's get out there and change the world!

"Whoever saves a life saves the world entire..." --unknown

"Empathy is a quality of character that can change the world." -- Barack Obama

No comments: