Monday, May 21, 2012

Today Is: 25 in Change: Day 15

"Instead of telling the world
What it is supposed to do,
Why don't you immediately do it yourself?
In this way, I assure you,
Your happiness will be surprisingly multiplied." -- Sri Chinmoy

I received an e-mail from my mom about my post that I had written on Day 13 and I just want to clear a few things up and apologize at the same time. First and foremost, my post seemed to read that I was ungrateful for all my loving friends and family that have stood by me and supported in so many things and I want all those people to know how grateful I truly am for everything that you have done, there are no words that could express my gratitude or my deep appreciation for the friend, family, and loving supportive people that you all are. With that said, I also want to make it clear that my anger in that post is not directed at any one person, but more at our society as a whole, which includes myself. How could we be living like this, where much of our nation is overweight or obese, while literally millions of children go starving every day? It's time that we wake up and do something about it. And in case you missed the message in Day 13, as I gathered I wasn't very clear about what I was trying to say, (I'm gonna blame this one on the rice and beans brain) As I wrote that post, I went from blaming others, wondering to myself, "Why have they not done anything? Why does this not matter to them?" but by the end of it, I was reminded, that I must be the example. I must be the change that I want to see. My mom kindly reminded me that we're all bombarded with tons of good causes that we could get involved with or donate to etc... and sometimes people's passions might not align with my own. I understand this, and I hope you all know that I am grateful for each and everyone of you, who have donated, and for those who have not, but have stood beside me in this challenge and many other "crazy" things that I've done. I also want to make it clear that this is not about the me, the other 24 advocates, or the money that is donated, but more so about the awareness of making a world change. Saying, Enough is Enough, it's time we do something about this! Let's get crazy!!!


 (My dad said to me the other day, 'I don't want to hear about any more crazy things you're going to do anytime soon' Doesn't he know that "the crazy one's are the one's who see things differently?... They change things, they push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy one's, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the one's who do.")


P.S. Thanks Mom for always making me the best that I can be, I really appreciate you and all your support and love! You are amazing:)


"Nothing that really calls you is ever for you alone." -- Bishop T.D. Jakes

No comments: