Sunday, August 28, 2011

Today Is: You Taught Me... Day

"We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark." -- Whoopi Goldberg

You taught me to believe in the beauty of my dreams
(thanks for always believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself)

You taught me when you want something bad enough you must do all you can to achieve it
(thanks for helping me start achieving my dreams with the i have. i give. project)

You taught me how to cry just as hard as I laugh
("Those who don't know how to weap with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.") You taught me to appreciate and understand others,even when I don't think that there is anything worth understanding
(your love/obsession for celebrities, People Magazine, celebrity gossip and fashion)

You taught me to love like a child
(you're innocence and pure joy over Winnie the Pooh and Disney)

You taught me the importance of friendship
(roomie dates, dinners, and countless late night talks and questions games) You taught me how to accept help and receive compliments
(I didn't say I learned)

You taught me how to drink red wine
(although I still prefer beer)
You taught me how to love wholeheartedly
(diving head first into something because it's better to have loved than to have lost)

You taught me how to give advice
(even when you might not have been asking for it)

You taught me how to make fun of myself
(that's not hard to do!)
You taught me to have patience
(when giving cooking lessons especially)

You taught me to have fun and laugh at all times
(singing in the car, dance parties, x-mas decorating, and who could forget BAR games)


But most of all Erica, you taught me that life is best lived when shared with others!

Thanks for the memories, the love and the laughter! You will be missed:)

No comments: