Friday, August 19, 2011

Today Is: If It Makes You Happy Day


"When we begin to settle into our comfort zone the risk for failure is small, but so is the reward for greatness." -- ACB

Have you ever found yourself not doing something that you love because you're afraid that you're going to fail? I seem to be sabotaging myself much more than I would like to admit right now. Tonight, as I was baking banana bread for a friend at work, this realization came to me... I've been avoiding doing things because I'm afraid of what the outcome might be. I tend to fall into the comfortable, that I forget what it's like to be a little bit afraid of something; to risk something for the reward. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy and I will talk myself out of listening to my creative bliss in an effort to guard myself from getting hurt when in reality, I'm hurting myself much worse by not even taking the chance! I'm so glad that pulling out my bakeware not only filled my kitchen with sweet smells but also filled my heart with a sweet desire to take a risk and seek the reward!

"You must be so passionate about your dream that instead of feeling that you have to leave your comfort zone, you are magnetically drawn to the edge."
-- Lee J. Colan & David Cottrell Winners Always Quit

No comments: