Friday, August 26, 2011

Today Is: Until We Meet Again My Friend Day


“The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau

“Okay Buddha”, I hear Lili’s sweet little voice say to me from across the cube. After I compose myself from the stifled laughter, I quickly hit “REPLY” and send off a few more words of wisdom. Lili, my cube mate, has become an instant friend and today was her last day of her internship so I dedicate this post to her.

Lili, although I will never be able to articulate into the proper words what you and your friendship have meant to me, here is what I couldn’t say to you until now! Until will meet again my friend!

Girl, as I told you before the minute that I heard that I was going to be getting a cube mate, I was ecstatic! I had never had a cube mate so I couldn’t wait to meet this infamous person; little did I know that this person was going to change my life forever! From the moment that you started, I knew that the summer was going to be an enjoyable one. You greeted me each morning when you came in, and you conversed with me every chance you could get. I knew we would get along when you continuously questioned me about coffee, asking where the nearest Starbucks was. Unfortunately, you came to find out that our work environment isn’t the most conducive for building friendships, but you didn’t let that stop you, we became instant SPARK pals! We had many moments of LOLing and sharing wisdom from SPARK that I will always remember and will greatly miss in the months to come. And the few moments outside of the office that we got to share in, were pretty unforgettable... the grateful dead on wheels, Pasquini's pizza, and who can forget cupcakes!!! You taught me a lot about the media friendly world that we live in, although I wish I could have soaked up much more, and you made every day a little less Corporate, and for this I am grateful. I know that God brought you into my life for a very special reason, and no, it wasn’t because I desperately prayed about getting a cube mate. God knew what he was doing when he sat you next to me, literally!
With our Photo a Day Challenge, I have reinvented myself, and you are the person that I have to thank! I'm not proud to admit, but I must be honest, I mean this is BareSoul isn't it? I am one to overly commit to things and then when it becomes too difficult or I see that there is a chance for failure I tend to gracefully quit before that can happen! (You miss 100% of the shots you do not take." --Wayne Gretzky) However, you my little Lilikens would not accept anything but commitment and success and I cannot even begin to put into words how grateful I am for this! Because of you, I have overwhelming joy in my life again. When I write, there is something that lights up inside of me and I feel renewed and whole. I know now that God had a plan for us to meet, and he saw fit that it was now, although this is not goodbye, I know that you're purpose for now was fulfilled! Thank you for everything that you have done for me and I cannot wait to share in the many joys for your life in the years to come. Remember when you become famous where it all started. I know I will:) Until we meet again my friend, thank you for the wonderful woman and joy that you are!

“We will never be the same as we were before this loss, but ever so much better for having something great to lose.” – Leigh Standley

“The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory.” – Chinese Proverb

No comments: