Monday, August 29, 2011

Today Is: S’aint You Special Day



“She was designed by the power of the universe and sent forth on a mission so profound that her impact cannot be fully explained.” – Sidney Poitier Life Beyond Measure

“The Code of The Flying Paint Saint,” she said clearly states, “Friends know friends never paint alone.”

Last night I was saying my well wishes to my old roomie as we both backed up our cars with the last of our belongings eager to move on to our next great adventures. As I drove away it hit me yet again that this was the end of another chapter. I called my dear friend Jess, wanting desperately to hear her familiar friendly voice in hopes that she would know exactly what to say to make me feel better. We discussed briefly a few logistics about i have. i give. and then said our goodbyes; I wasn’t willing to open up about my saddened state after all. As her end of the phone went dead I began to sob; I felt alone and apart. As I drove over to Home Depot on my way to buy paint for my empty apartment the tears continued to flow until I received this message, “I was gonna ask you if you decided you were gonna paint? If so I can help! Let me knowJ” It was Jess. I’m not sure if she could hear the sadness in my voice or if she could feel the hurt and sorrow of my heart through the phone but somehow she knew I needed her; must be the Flying Paint Saint Instinct.

We painted well into the night laughing hysterically about the fact that we had to paint in the dark (with the exception of the bright light that my Flying Paint Saint was radiating). Thanks to my Flying Paint Saint my night ended up being wonderful despite the conditions. Just like the light that exuded from her in that dark room she left me glowing with both great joy and gratitude. I cannot thank her enough. The visit from my Flying Paint Saint lit up my night and painted both my room and my life with brighter colors.

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind, ‘Pooh!’ he whispered. ‘Yes, Piglet?’ ‘Nothing,’ said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw. ‘I just wanted to be sure of you.’” –A.A. Milne

“Helping out is a gift that comes from the heart.” – Diana

No comments: