Friday, August 12, 2011

Today Is: Witches, Wizards and Wands! Oh My Day!


"Courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard." -- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Books are one of my favorite things in this world. There is nothing like sitting down in a great chair, sipping a hot drink, and losing yourself in the pages of another character's story. I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series so I can watch the movies in sync. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the fourth book and I'm finding myself featured in the fantasy land of Hogwarts; chasing dragons, playing quidditch and hanging with Harry, Hermoine, and Ron. Books are the perfect get-away without ever having to leave. I've been in Lemoore, CA for the week working on compiling video footage of a few serious safety accidents; it's been an emotionally draining week to say the least and then on top of that it's been the travel trip from hell. So when I find myself caught up in the happiness of Hogwarts I'm grateful. Harry and his friends face great challenges each year not to mention the fears that they must conquer almost daily. As I read through chapter 20, I thought to myself that Harry is a great example of courage and perseverance because he faces all challenges head on and he defeats everything; even with the demeantor of odds. What a great reminder that no matter what I face in the coming days, weeks, months, and years, I will come through it and I'll be not only stronger but better because of it. Knowledge is power!

"I'm going through this experience for a reason... There's something I'm supposed to be doing because of this." -- Ali McGraw

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
-- Eddie Rickenbacker

"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams." -- Oprah Winfrey

No comments: