Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today Is: Livin' The Suite Life Day


“Awakening to the sweetness of life that is there every day.” – Jill Badonsky “The Awe-Manac ~A Daily Dose of Wonder”

“And, by the way, unpack your grandmother’s china that you’ve been saving for a special occasion. Use it for everyday meals. Being alive is the special occasion.” – Patti Digh “Life is a Verb”

Sometimes in life you experience something and as you do you think to yourself, this is a rare occasion. I had one of those moments today as I sat inside a suite at the CSU vs. Boise State football game. The weather was perfect, the stadium was packed and the teams were ready for kickoff; I scanned the room and was grateful to be surrounded by many that I love and I thought to myself, “I’m living the suite life.” As the game began, what was occurring on the field became apparent that it was going to be a time that me and my fellow Ram fans would all soon hope to forget rather than reminisce for ages, but inside the suite is a moment that I hope I can be reminded of forever.

For it was at this moment that I looked around at where I was, who I was with and what I was given the opportunity to partake in and I thought, this is what life is all about, spending it with the ones you love. Too often in life our minds are consumed with things that have no real intrinsic value; they bring nothing to our lives other than maybe status and style. I know that I have found myself at times caught up in the “I need ________” to be happy, however it is times like this, times when we are presented with something that makes us realize how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken from us, that we are given the greatest gift of all, the gift of life and love.

I was told yesterday about a woman who posted “I love you” on her friends Facebook wall, words she rarely expresses to those she loves but wanted to be sure that her friends knew the way she felt about them. She understood that life is too short to not tell those you love how much they mean to you, and what better time than now to do so. As I listened to this story I began to think about all of my friends, family and loved ones who I love so much but too often times forget to tell them how much they mean to me or show them how much I care about them. This was a great reminder to me, that even during our toughest times in life we are presented with some of the greatest blessings; life lessons.

Tonight’s life lesson: Never forget to tell those you love how much you love them, not just today but every day and always. Never pass up the opportunity to say I love you. Never shy away from saying what you really mean because you never know when or if you’ll ever be given the chance to express those feelings again. Never pass up on life; life is too short to take it for granted, live life to the fullest everyday! And don’t wait for that special occasion to do something special for someone, every day that we are alive and well is a special day; don’t take them for granted. So put away your dust rag, pull out the fancy china, pop that expensive champagne and toast to this life as you know it. Oh and always remember… I LOVE YOU!

“Don’t wait for a special occasion. Today is special.” – unknown

“We all need to do a better job of listening to that gentle whisper from a God who daily reminds us to enjoy the sacred moments with those we love… They are the moments we will look back on with either regret or a smile.
Either way, the memory will last forever.” – Tony Dungy “Uncommon”

“What’s important to me now are the moments of ordinary life that are made extraordinary through feeling a unity of consciousness that connects us all.” – Gay Hendericks “Five Wishes”

No comments: