Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Today Is: It's Tebow Time Day

You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” – Les Brown

“There are no gains without pains.” – Benjamin Franklin

As we sat around the dinner table last night we discussed in great detail one of life’s greatest gifts… sports. I grew up in a family that not only played sports but watched sports like it was their J.O.B. Ever since I was a little girl I was always a huge fan of the Denver Broncos and Shannon Sharpe. (Sharpe is and will always be my favorite player, not only for his athletic abilities on the field, but for his candid personality off the field.) I guess you could say I was and still am a daddy’s girl. When I was younger the Denver Broncos had what I would call the “dream team”; with Elway, Sharpe, Davis, McCafferey, Smith and the modern day Orange Crush, we were close to being unstoppable. After our second Super Bowl win in ’98 I thought we were going to set the record the following year by becoming the only team in NFL history to ever win 3 consecutive Super Bowls that was until Elway decided he had had enough and retired. Elway’s retirement came before the days of Brett Farve’s, in which I did not find hope that he would reconsider and come out of retirement. (in some ways I wish he would have, but I’m really glad we didn’t have the Elway saga like the Packers had with Farve) With that being said, since Elway’s farewell the Broncos have been short of extraordinary. We’ve had a few decent years here and there, and I must mention that although we weren’t going to win a Super Bowl with Jake the Snake, the guy was a player to be proud of, however since he traded his career in football to play professional handball, I haven’t been impressed with our quarterbacks since. I could never come to rally around Griseball, and the only time that I wouldn’t watch the Broncos was when Gus Ferrotte trotted onto the field, we’ve made some improvements towards better QB’s I guess you could say since then… Kyle Orton had a few decent seasons but never made me feel as if we could win it all and so here we are, in the middle of the 2011 season with a 1-4 record (barely pulling out our one win) and we are scheduled to face off this coming Sunday against the (0-5) Miami Dolphins with our newly appointed QB the much anticipated Tim Tebow. I have to admit, I am a Tim Tebow fan as much as the rest of the Bronco country is. What is there not to like about the guy; I guess besides his throwing technique. He’s a class act and at least provides some sense of excitement and passion towards the game; from what I’ve seen, he also seems to be one of the most determined players for success. I know that I have heard all about Tebow’s late release and inability to throw the ball accurately, but I am excited despite the naysayers and critics because I believe in someone who believes in themselves. I know that to win games it’s going to take more than just believing, but you have to believe in order to achieve. So as this coming Sunday approaches, Bronco fans it’s time to put on your Broncos gear, pop your popcorn and find a seat in front of the T.V. as I think this Sunday is going to be a show you’re not going to want to miss. It’s TEBOW TIME BABY; make us all believers!

“Your determination will bring you much success.” -- unknown

“I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.” – Bruce Jenner

“Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” -- unknown

No comments: