Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today Is: What Would You Do If You Were Not Afraid? Day

“It wasn’t that I had not seen the truth. I had. But I’d failed to find the courage to act on it.” – Oriah “The Invitation”

“….my real dream was that one day I would write something that people would read.” – Kathryn Stockett “The Help”

What would you do if you were not afraid? WOW! I could feel the heat rise into my cheeks as if someone were roasting coals inside my soul. What would I do if I was not afraid I thought, before I could even give the question deep thought things just starting pouring out of my mouth.

     Write a book
     Quit my job to pursue a career I love
     Open my heart knowing it could be broken
     Get my masters
     Pursue my dream of Camp Hope
     Dream BIGger
     Believe in myself and the talents that God has given me
     Start my own business
    Write for my job
     Become a teacher
  Believe in myself and the possibility of accomplishing my dreams
     Surf
     Challenge myself daily to step out of my comfort zone
   Inspire others to dream BIG and to GIVE more
     Give everything I have

I would love to say that I this question has given me the strength to begin on doing my list but fear still has a death grip on me. I believe that until I am willing to allow faith to take over and push my fears aside I will more often than not be finding myself holding back because I am afraid. I must remind myself… What has FEAR done for you lately? Hold nothing back and pursue your dreams. What would YOU do if you weren’t afraid? DO IT NOW! There is no better time than today to begin on doing the things you have always dreamed of doing. Don’t let a little four letter word stop you from becoming the person you were designed to be; be that person! 

“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” – unknown

“Act as if it were impossible to fail and it will be.” – unknown

No comments: