Monday, March 5, 2012

Today Is... Walk It Off Day

Every great dreams begins 
WITH A DREAMER
Always remember, you have within you
The STRENGTH
The PATIENCE
The PASSION
To reach for the stars
To change the world." -- Harriet Tubman 


As I sat in church last night I listened to Gil, my pastor, talk about being "Bummed" in the sense of vision. He referred to this state as the state of your vision where you have not only come to the brick wall, but you've hit the brick wall at full speed. At the beginning of your vision, he explained, you are so excited, you're jacked up! You have this newfound purpose for living and you can't wait to get out in the world and make it no longer just a vision but reality. Before you are able to make this happen, you have to fully understand your vision. In doing so, we often question, is this a vision I created for myself or is this a vision from God? When we are certain that it's a vision from God, we must surpass the fear and jump into that purpose wholeheartedly! But as everyone knows, what goes up (JUMP) must come down (FALL) so although you may have taken the jump it's likely you might suddenly get the feeling like you're falling in every direction possible. But this is where it gets really good... God is making sure that you're committed to this journey no matter the struggles, disappointments or brick walls you may stumble upon. He wants to know that you're committed to pick yourself up and climb over the wall that moments before stopped you dead in your tracks. In my experience, I think this might be God's way of preparing me for a journey that I cannot even begin to comprehend right now; a journey that will be filled with many fumbles, stumbles and great brick walls, but in the end a journey that I'll be able to look back on with the world and know that I was created for it! As I listened intently to Gil sledge through this topic of being bummed something resonated... Do you have someone in your life, that as you struggle through the phase of being bummed, will tell you, "Get off your butt, wipe your tears, and get on with what you were created to do?" As cliche as it is, the lightbulb came on and I thought of my parents, especially my dad. What months before I saw as criticism and denial, I now recognize as his old fashioned way of handling situations when I was hurt as a child when he would say to me, "Walk it off!" So that is just what I am going to do, I'm going to get back on track, knowing that my vision lies before me, and the only way that I'll ever get there is to continue through the struggles, climb the walls, and be brave enough to "Walk it Off"!


"To live boldly suggest, that you can outfit your soul for the journey of your dreams or for the unusual demands of particular day." -- Mary Anne Radmacher "Live Boldly"


"I felt a sense of liberation and strength knowing that this was an effort worth trying with all my heart."
           -- Lynn Hill

To check out Gil's sermon, please visit www.pathwayschurch.org or click on the link below:

No comments: