Sunday, March 4, 2012

Today Is: I Write...Day

"Word birds -- Winged thoughts that fly out of my daily experience and come to roost as poetry." 
-- Mary Anne Radmacher "Live With Intention"

"I absolutely love to read, and when you love to read, the whole world opens up." 
-- Regina Brett "Be The Miracle"

I spend a lot of my time reading, I love to read (this could quite possibly be the biggest understatement). A good book to me is words to my soul, fuel for my mind and the most powerfully inspiring tool that turns the cogs of passion inside my heart. Sometimes I'll read books and find myself so immersed in the pages that I become one with the book. I get so involved with books that I tend to write all over them, making them no longer a space of organized verbiage and thoughts, but instead a well painted upon canvas with my own ideas, questions, and underlined passages of inspiration! I recently stumbled upon this quote by a man named Stefan G. Bucher in his book 344 Questions, "...a tattered, busted-up book -- filled out, and scribbled upon -- means you've found out new things about yourself and you're inspired to take action." Those 25 words were so powerful to me, for they not only represented my relationship with books, but the kind of romance that I want my readers to have with what I write. As so many of you know, writing is a passion of mine. I write to respond to the life I so long to understand. I write because I don't know how to be silent. I write because I have thoughts, questions, comments and lessons I need to not only be able to say but share with all those who are eager to listen. I write because that is what I am, a writer with a capitol W. I write because I am inspired by others words and wisdom and I want others to be inspired by me. I write because my life is a classroom, and the only way I know how to share my lessons, is through the written words of my soul. I write because this is what God made me to do, he gave me the gift of the written word, and if I cannot write, than I cannot live. 

What is it you were meant to do? What gift did God give that was only intended for you? Remember this, if you don't do it, it will never be done.

"My mission is to inspire and be inspired. Inspiration is the word of my mission." 
-- Mary Anne Radmacher "Live Boldly"

"If we do everything else but one thing, we will be lost. And if we do nothing else but that one thing, we will have lived a glorious life." -- Rumi

P.S. A few months ago I read this short e-book called "The Writers Manifesto" by Jeff Goins. I was not only impressed by his words, but also intrigued by his willingness to share what it takes to be a writer in this competitive dog-eat-dog world. Recently he sent an e-mail to his followers, offering the first 100 people who responded to the e-mail two new free e-books about writing (with the agreement that we would share them too) So as promised, Jeff, I thoroughly enjoyed "Every Writers Dream'... very inspiring and motivating! "The world needs this. More than you know. We are waiting for your words. Longing to be changed by them." I loved that quote from it. And "Before Your First Book" had some great direction and lessons to be learned from you. Thank you again for sharing. For those of you that want to check them out, Jeff has given me permission to share this link with you. Enjoy http://goinswriter.com/get-published

"...We're done here. Now go do something that matters" -- Jeff Goins "Every Writers Dream"

No comments: