Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today Is: Bring Your Own Sunshine Day


This is another entry that I wanted to share because it is the beginning of my photo blog post, however I needed a good shove to really begin.

With the past few weeks being gloomy skies, cooler temperatures and the final weeks of spring, I must admit it's great to not only see the sun but feel it's heat radiate off of my skin. This morning as I participated in an ovarian cancer awareness race I started thinking... I've been really sad, gloomy and my temperature has been anything but warm lately; although I'm still working through the why I came to a realization; I must bring my own sunshine. As I was walking I glimpsed down at my shoes and couldn't help but be happy for the colors fill me with joy and they radiate their own light; and that was when it clicked; I must bring my own sunshine. In a time where I feel alone, confused and searching for the answers to some of my life's most difficult questions, I found myself smiling and radiating a little brighter light today. I realized that no matter the weather, circumstances or the surroundings I must bring my own sunshine to brighten me and hopefully others in the process. I feel a little bit brighter and lighter today and I hope that I remember the next time that my state is gloomy; I'm the keeper of my own sun and unless I let it shine, me and my mood will remain dark. So never let the gloom of your surroundings or your emotions hide the bright light inside your soul. We can always use more sunshine, let it shine!!!

"Your greatest opportunities to positively affect another person's life is to accept God's love into your own. By being the light, you shine the light -- on everyone and everything."
-- Marianne Williamson

No comments: